Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Sweetness

I always loved Easter as a kid.. Growing up in two religions meant two Easters most years! So my brother and I always got two Easter baskets.. double the chocolate, double the fun! It also meant two masses (candlelit Midnight mass at the Greek church was always my favorite) and two Easter dinners!

Ham and chicken with cookies and cakes for Catholic Easter, and lamb with roasted potatos and sweet bread for Greek Easter! I was lucky growing up with such strong influences from my two heritages-- French food and Greek food.. just can't go wrong! 

Anyways, both Easters fall on the same day this year so it means lots of food and of course, dessert. I made a giant hydrangea cake (I will be featuring it on the blog tomorrow!) but I also made some adorable pastel cake pops!

I used these mini cookie cutters to shape my cake pops.





Oh how charming!



I hope everyone enjoys their day tomorrow with family and friends! I know I am looking forward to it! 

-Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment