Monday, May 23, 2016

Sweet Spring Wedding [Scott & Lindley]

Oh my gosh what a beautiful weekend! I mean, Mother Nature was a bit confused about what she wanted to do, as one moment it was sunny and warm and the next was cloudy and cool but all the same, it still felt like spring and I got to cater a pretty spring wedding for a lovely couple so that was awesome!

 

When I brought a sampler box over to Lindley and Scott, their only stipulations were that there be lime flavor! And with that, I already knew this display was going to be great! Such an easy going couple... and I love that because it makes my job so easy. 


Scott and Lindley were doing a simple color pallet with blues and tans and incorporated rustic elements into their decor with touches of lace which definitely added a bit of softness! It was super pretty, and I was definitely a fan of the twine wrapped wine bottles! 


Burlap lace was a nice touch to the porcelain plates. 



This adorable chalkboard sign is a new find I scored at Michael's last week and I couldn't want to incorporate it this weekend! 


The cake pops were dipped in a mix of blue and peach/cream chocolate.  The calla lilies were an ode to the Bride's bouquet, and the roses to her Maid of Honor. 


I like incorporating different shades into a cake pop display to mix it up a bit.  The wedding's color scheme didn't have any peach, but knowing it was rustic and incorporated burlap, I knew peach would play well with the other colors without overtaking the display. 





I just love the final product! I was told they were a hit so I can't complain when I get great feedback, it makes my heart flutter!


Congrats Scott & Lindley! 

-Elena

2 comments:

  1. It's an excellent location, right in the heart of the city near public transportation. At DC wedding venues they have coat hangers right at the entrance where you can leave your coat, and a lobby where you can set up some cocktail tables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete