Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Mama and Baby

This weekend I put together a baby shower display for an old childhood friend.  Brittany and I grew up together, loving Britney Spears and Spice Girls, playing soccer and having sleepovers.  We spent hours singing into hairbrushes and dancing around her kitchen, doing our hair and make up and having an absolute blast. Here we are below--pre braces.  Check out the tattoo necklace.. soo hilarious!


Her and her fiancee are expecting a little girl, and I was so happy to create a display for her shower!

Brittany's shower was elegantly put together by her sisters and family, and had a "spring" theme with fresh flowers and vintage chalkboards, mason jars and white lanterns.  For the display, I went with the colors of the invitation -- tiffany blue, lavender, pale pink and mint green.  I wanted the display to be vintage, girly, and ultimately evoke the feeling of spring (I know we're all itching for it!)

I also recently picked up two new cookie cutters, a mama bird and baby bird, which I thought would be perfect for a baby shower (and I've been secretly dying to use them!!)  Definitely my favorite aspect of the display and was a perfect way to mix baby shower with spring


I actually use cookie cutters often when I create cake pops.  It's an easy way to get the perfect shape with cleaner lines as opposed to hand shaping them.


These paper flowers I picked up were so perfect, I swear they were made specifically for me, for this shower! I love when it all comes together perfectly!  I went with the round plates for this one, as the ribbon colors really pulled it together and I think they're nice and girly.


Finished product!


I had picked up this bird cage candle holder a few years ago, and it went with this theme perfectly!  It was like the mama was watching over her baby, waiting for it to come out of its cage! 


I wanted to stick to their mason jar theme as well, and adding another baby and mama bird in with the taste card was a nice accent.


I just loved the paper flowers!  




These were the little jars given to the guests to drink from with a candy binky! Such a creative idea!


Pretty table settings!


It was lovely seeing Brittany and I am happy everyone enjoyed the cakes!



On to the next project!! Busy Busy is the best way to be! :)

-Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment