Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Beach Themed Wedding Sampler

This mini project is one of many firsts for me!  

This is my first sampler, where I've put together my best and favorite flavors for a couple to try.  Going to taste wedding cakes is an exciting milestone for a couple during the wedding planning process, one I can't wait to do someday, and I have been thinking a lot about how I want to replicate the same process on a smaller scale when I am asked to bake for friend's wedding.  After trying different plates and numbers of flavors, I came up with this long tray of 2 pops per flavor using what would be the theme of the entire display..



Which leads me to another first -- beach theme!  I got close to a beach theme with the Little Mermaid Cake Pop Display, incorporating sea shells and coral, but I have been dreaming about a gorgeous beach wedding display with pearly blues and pops of coral pink, with sand dollars and edible sand..




The colors had to be just right.. I didn't want blue like a baby shower, the colors needed to be muted by distinguished. A lot of chocolate was mixed in all sorts of combinations in order to find the perfect shades. 





I am on a total fondant kick lately and have been doing a lot of research on how to texture it and use it in different ways,which leads me to my third "first" in this display-- the ruffle pop. 

A little cake pop dipped in chocolate and adorned in pretty ruffles.  For me, this pop evokes the feeling of sitting on the beach and watching calm sea waves float by.  





I used my variety of ball tools to achieve the ripple effect, and plan to do a lot more ruffling in the near future.

The finished product looked like this..






Finished off with a little card adorning the flavors of cake inside each little creation. 



We decided on a few color tweaks and are adding a few other beachy items and I have a feeling this display is going to be my most favorite yet!

-Elena

1 comment:

  1. Very colorful wedding! I am very overwhelmed with all the wedding arrangements. All of you did great efforts on wedding preparations. Really impressive!!
    San Diego Wedding venues

    ReplyDelete