Monday, July 28, 2014

Peachy Keen

This weekend I casually stopped by Home Goods to look for some new sprinkles.. 

I only planned on running in, taking a quick look, and rushing out.  I was so dead set on being quick, I actually threw my bathing suit on and cover up, as I figured I'd be in, out, and would rush to my parents' pool right after.  I wasn't going to actually do any shopping while wearing my bathing suit..

I cannot help myself in Home Goods. Even though I love all aspects of the place, nothing compares to their plate selection. I am a sucker for beautiful plates, for obvious reasons!

So a plate I picked up about two years ago made a reappearance this Saturday, and it turns out they had the entire set! I was in my glory.  I instantly thought of the wedding I am doing at the end of August.  We were going for a vintage/rustic feel and these were perfect.  So there I am in the middle of the store, in my bathing suit and cover up, taking pictures of these plates and sending them to the bride, shuffling ten into my cart like a mad woman who just struck gold. The detail in the edges are so beautiful.  I couldn't pass them up.
 
At the checkout the woman looked at me like I was crazy probably thinking "Why does this girl need ALL of these plates?" and "Why is she wearing her bathing suit?"

So I displayed them all out today for the bride and groom to see when they stopped by to taste test some cake pops!  I know I am going on and on about these plates but, I certainly plan on keeping them a secret until the wedding! 

I will however, reveal some of my ideas for the wedding!


I went with a few different shades of peach, green, gold, brown and added whites and silver in there was well. 


I also went with different flower molds to give the bride the choice of what she likes best!

 
No wedding is complete without romantic fondant ruffles! My heart melts for these little sweets.


Peach hydrangeas were very delicate, and happen to be one of the bride's main flowers. These will be a beautiful focal point in the whole display.


This color palette is beautiful and gives me so much room for creativity. It will surely be a beautiful display for a beautiful couple!

-Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment