Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sunny Treats

It is hard to believe it is the end of October. With Halloween right around the corner, I find myself in awe at how fast time is flying by me.

A few weeks ago, my blog turned 1! I've been baking like this for over two years now.  My two year anniversary at my job is very soon.  Louis is almost done with another semester in school, and we've almost been in this cozy apartment for almost a whole year already. November also marks our 3 1/2 year anniversary (do people celebrate half anniversaries?) The time is literally flying.

In between all the craziness that's been going on this month, I've managed to get a few orders in!

First was another birch tree cake.



I was a bit more heavy handed on this one... Not sure if I like it more or less than my first, because it just is different. We added sunflowers and I definitely hand painted more onto the fondant.

This couple was eloping and having the ceremony in the woods aside a stream.. Very fall, and the cake was a perfect touch!


Second order was for 100 cake pops for a housewarming/engagement party!

These were chocolate and pumpkin spice, and the color scheme was yellow and gray with sunflowers. 

 

I wanted to add a fun, artsy element to these, so I decided to try stenciling on fondant with some oil based food coloring. I was so in love with the results!



Sunflowers are definitely a great fall theme that I hope to do again soon.  They are classic New England, and fit in with this gorgeous fall season we've been lucky to experience this year!




 Next up, some spooky treats to pack in my suitcase next week, as Lou and I fly out on Halloween to visit Nick and Marissa in Ft. Lauderdale!!! We DEFINITELY could use some days away in the sunshine!

-Elena


No comments:

Post a Comment