Monday, October 6, 2014

Let's Go Golfing!

Last weekend I took a page out of my brother's book and I grew grass. 

It was lusciously green and thick, perfectly manicured on a golf course. 

Butter cream grass!



My parents' neighbor asked me to make a golf themed birthday cake and cupcakes for their grandson's 3rd birthday, and this turned out to be the cutest cake ever! 

Thanks to my wilton 233 tip, I was able to grow sugary green grass along the nice smooth putting green, made of fondant!  Added some vanilla cake pop "shrubs," a pond and a sand trap to complete the theme! My favorite part was the little golf cart I found on Amazon! It was one of those that you pull back and it just goes! So adorable for the 3 year old boy to play with after the cake is eaten, as he is very interested in golf right now. 



The same principles went into creating the cupcakes too! Both the cake and cupcakes were vanilla bean flavored with french vanilla butter cream on top! To die for! 







This week I am working on a top secret project that I am a bit nervous to attempt but I think it's going to be great!!!

Enjoy this gorgeous fall weather everyone! 

-Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment