Sunday, October 11, 2015

Mangini Wedding - Saltwater Vineyard

The thing about desserts that breaks my heart is that most people don't care about them.

"What flavors would you like?" I will ask the client.  "Oh, I don't care" is usually the response. Then I go ahead and make them the usual vanilla/chocolate/red velvet cake pops after telling them all the delicious flavor combinations, but people are afraid of desserts.  They get a bad wrap now because of calories and sugar... and generally people just have them because you have to offer them! It is hard to find people who share a true love for something sweet...

But then there was Brittany and Will...

Brittany and Will came to their tasting HUNGRY.  I gave them a box to bring home their samples and they didn't even need it. They ate everything. They raved and ranted about the flavors, and ended up picking the one flavor EVERYONE wrinkles their nose at when I suggest -- lemon rosemary. It was their favorite! And I was SO EXCITED they chose it as a cake pop flavor AND their wedding cake flavor!  They were very concerned over having something that was delicious and different to offer their guests, and I promised them they wouldn't be disappointed! I've known Brittany since high school, and after some mutual friends had me cater their wedding, she asked me to design something great for their modern vineyard wedding.



And oh my gosh, was this a beautiful wedding! 



Located in Southern Connecticut, Saltwater Farm Vineyard is a picturesque venue with a dark wooded tap room and floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the vineyard.  It was breath taking!


I made sure the display was classy and elegant.  The grape lights from my Aunt's company, GKI Bethlehem Lighting just added perfectly to the vineyard theme.  This display included 150 cupcakes and 150 cake pops in four flavors -- Chocolate, Red Velvet, Lemon Rosemary and of course Pumpkin Spice for fall!






Brittany loved my romantic buttercream rose cake so she requested that and order the most adorable lettered cake topper from Etsy!  I love the look of this romantic cake on top of the rustic wine barrel.




Pure romance!

This couple's deep love for each other is evident the moment you get them together. I wish them a lifetime of happiness!! So honored to be a part of their special day!



-Elena

1 comment:

  1. They understand that if you care enough about a person to order Flower Deliveries, the arrangement must convey that deep sense of love, or gratitude, or whatever emotion you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete