Thursday, October 8, 2015

Vineyard Engagement

The excitement of this summer continued when the day I have been admittedly waiting for for a very very very long time!

Louis asked me to marry him!

Louis and I had been talking about getting married for a while.  We had looked at rings, we had picked one out... but the busy summer really had gotten in the way, and it had started to look like the summer was going to pass before Louis decided to make this thing official!

So on August 22nd, the sun was shining and he asked me what I wanted to do for the day.  I think I was so exhausted with everything going on I said something to the point of "do nothing and drink wine"... How typical!

So we headed up to Cassidy Hill Vineyard, which is about 10 minutes up the road from where we live.  We packed some snacks and beach chairs and decided to do nothing except RELAX!

Now it seems like it was the set up to be "the day" but truthfully, Louis had lots of days that seemed like it was going to be "the day" but turned out they weren't! Trips to the beach, a trip to Mystic... so at this point I was not expecting it.

Louis did a good job keeping me guessing! We had spent three hours at the vineyard and enjoyed two bottles of wine when he asked if I was getting ready to leave. I said sure, and we packed up and headed back to the car.  Before we were about to get in the car, he asked if I wanted to get a bottle to bring home for another time, and I said that sounded like a good idea! So we proceeded back to the cabin and instead of ordering a bottle, he ordered to glasses.  He said he wanted to take a walk around the vineyard, since we'd been there so many times and never had walked the place.  It was there, among the vines in a row of grape leaves where he had me in tears as he got down on one knee!




It was truly a magical day, and we had permanent smiles for days! 


We are now (quickly) planning our February wedding at the Publick House Historic Inn, and we can't wait! 

Celebrating with my best friend was amazing, since it happened so close to her big day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment