Monday, October 12, 2015

My Best Friend's Wedding

We had been planning this day for a year! And on 9/12/2015, I finally got to watch my best friend marry the love of her life!

This was the first time I was ever a bridesmaid, which was super special and exciting! Not only was I a bridesmaid, but I did the entire dessert table and wedding cake too! It was a bit stressful being IN the wedding and catering for it, but it was completely worth it in the end, despite my exhaustion.

Getting ready was a blast! We drank mimosas, listened to Mariah Carey and got our make up and hair done! Can you say permasmiles!??? We were so excited!


I wanted Maureen and Caleb's cake to be simple and rustic.  They got married in a lodge in the woods, and vintage rustic was her theme with fresh flowers , burlap and lace! I had never done the rustic buttercream look before but I went for it and I was so happy with how it came out! Basically, the buttercream needs to be soft enough to really be able to manipulate with an off set spatula to create waves.


I added fresh flowers on top!  This was a vanilla bean cake with honey vanilla buttercream.  I used my delicious honey from Greece!

We decided on a gourmet cupcake bar as opposed to my usual fave--cake pops, just because it was warm and I didn't want everything to melt! They came out fabulous!


 Lemon Almond Raspberry -- almond cake, raspberry preserves filling, lemon buttercream
Hot Fudge Sundae -- chocolate cake, chocolate fudge filling, vanilla buttercream,  chocolate drizzle, jimmies & a cherry on top
Peanut Butter Lover -- peanut butter cake, chocolate fudge filling, peanut butter butter cream, chocolate drizzle & crushed reese's pieces
Coffee Toffee Crunch -- coffee infused cake, caramel filling, coffee buttercream, caramel drizzle, topped with toffee bits
Strawberry Fields -- vanilla cake, strawberry preserves filling, pink vanilla butter cream and a strawberry on top


Yum yum yum!! 


My handsome fiancee and I!
Dancing the night away with the most beautiful bride I've ever seen! So so so happy to have been a part of her and Caleb's special day!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They helped us put together a great menu, from the consultation to the tasting to the actual event at wedding venues NYC. They had biscuits and gravy, cornbread muffins, fried catfish, jambalaya, enormous pieces of fried chicken

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the variety of fresh cut flowers here. Last purchase were Iris stems and peonies and the arrangement lasted for a lot longer than I expected. There are also some pre-arranged options with Florist Delivery which are also great.

    ReplyDelete