Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Flair for Fashion

Well here we are, November which means "holiday mode" is in full swing! I haven't been too busy in terms of baking which is good because I am prepping myself for the holiday season.. it is going to get busy but I say bring it on!!

This  “throw back Thursday” I’d like to throwback to an event I really enjoyed – a little girl’s fashion show themed birthday party! This party was actually for my cousin who invited all her friends to a local dance studio. They got their hair, nails and make up done, played games and at the end put on a fashion show complete with boas  and jewelry. It was the cutest thing. I wanted to really bring in the theme to this display and make it at girly as possible but also “grown up” without going overboard. 

My favorite part of this display is the base. I wanted it to scream high fashion! I love the mod sunglasses, models, and pictures of clothing and designers. I also included a lot of words that express fashion and being a girl – confidence, beautiful, natural, be yourself.  It really tied everything together!


The little picture frames with quotes from noted fashion icons were fun! I love the chocolate handbags.. I went crazy with chocolate molds!




Shoes! Every girl needs shoes.. definitely my favorite cake pops!


OK maybe the nail polishes were my favorite!


The chocolate lollipops were a huge hit! The little girls were running all around with them.


The finished product was amazing, and everyone really loved it.  It brought the party theme full circle and my little cousin Katie was in her glory – friends, fashion and food, what more can a girl want?



One day closer to the weekend! I am making a chicken soup from scratch this weekend which I am excited for! I also may try out a spice cake recipe I found... we'll see how it goes!

-Elena


No comments:

Post a Comment