Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Spooky Throwback

Happy Thursday! I love Thursdays because all day long there is that excitement of tomorrow being Friday, and you’re that much closer to the weekend!

My week has been busy, filled with lots of cooking and baking.  I am finally ready to start my newest cookie projects and to get into the spirit of Halloween! I love Halloween.. who doesn’t? It is a day to celebrate candy and all of its sugary goodness!  As a kid, my brother and I would pick out our costumes and my mom always had to make sure it was something we could fit a turtle neck under, because it would be chilly and we would be out for hours with my dad filling up pillowcases worth of candy that would be frozen and keep reappearing throughout the following months.  I mean, we got a ton of it. I loved the excuse to be outside and up late with friends.  As you get older, the trick or treating ends but the dressing up gets more intense especially in college when you celebrate it Thursday, Friday and Saturday night and need three costumes to keep up! Ah.. those were the days.

Now, as a post-graduate, working adult, I enjoy Halloween the most because it gives me such a creative jump.  The possibilities are endless in terms of baking for Halloween… Skulls, blood, webs, creepy crawlers, monsters, witches.. it goes on and on. So I am gearing up for Halloween 2013, and in doing so I’d like to share some of the past Halloween goodies I’ve done! So happy to get into the spirit!







Now back to enjoying the fall with some October Red Sox baseball! 

-Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment